End Of Life Care / Palliative Care Training
This module is designed to provide the main areas of understanding and good practice required to work positively with a person who has a terminal illness.
- To be able to describe ways in which a person with terminal illness can maintain their quality of life.
- To understand their emotional needs.
- To understand own feelings and beliefs about death and dying might affect their work with someone who is terminally ill.
- To consider the physical needs and aspects of care provision
- To understand what support is required by other service users, relatives, friends and colleagues
- To be able to understand and act upon cultural & religious practices and requirements in relation to death and dying.
- To understand the Gold Standards Framework in Palliative Care
- To understand the National Framework and The Liverpool Care Pathway to include key elements: Key principles, the Process of the LCP, working with the Multi-Disciplinary team and Care After death.
- To understand the bereavement process and the different stages involved
End Of Life Care
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk