Dementia Awareness (full day training)
The contents of this full day course are mapped to the new diploma (QCF) Dementia Care module.
The module is suitable for all care staff working in the care of the elderly/dementia care and aims to support staff in development of their knowledge of dementia and the skills and understanding required in relation to the management of individuals who have dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- To understand what dementia is, including “common” symptoms and up-to-date government statistics
- To know the most common types of dementia and their causes - includes the different parts of the brain, their role and how they may be affected ; Alzheimer’s disease, Vascular dementia, Lewy Body dementia, frontal temporal lobe dementia, plus other “less common” types
- To understand the key features of the Theoretical Models (medical and social model) of dementia
- Appropriate assessment
- Person centred care
- To understand the factors which relate to an “individual’s” experience of dementia
- Risk factors/depression/delirium/memory loss diagnosis
- This full day incorporates very comprehensive group work and case studies.
- There is an assessment of learning in the form of a questionnaire at the end of the course
Dementia Awareness (full day)
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk