Mental Health Disorders training:
Schizophrenia, Bipolar Affective Disorder and Personality Disorder
- To gain an understanding of the three different disorders, the differences and similarities.
- To gain an understanding of schizophrenia, including history, dispelling the myths, definitions of schizophrenia, discussing presentation, ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ symptoms
- To gain an understanding of bipolar affective disorders, including definitions and awareness, signs and symptoms, and interventions,
- To gain an understanding of ‘personality disorders’ including definition of personality disorder (and how this differs from other mental health disorders), different types of personality disorders, examples of how personality disorders may present, possible treatment plans
- To understand the importance of correct assessment and diagnosis by appropriate referrals
- To gain awareness of the skills required when caring for individuals with these mental health disorders
This course is suitable for care staff working within the Mental Healthcare sector.
It may involve some group work/discussion and case studies.
Understanding Mental Health Disorders
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk