P.E.G.(Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy)
Dysphagia and Oxygen Therapy Overview
- To understand what dysphagia is, symptoms of dysphagia, care management and treatment and associated conditions.
- To understand what a P.E.G. is, why they are used, how they are inserted, potential complications, care management of a person with P.E.G. care of site and removal.
- To gain an understanding of the basic anatomy and physiology of the digestive system.
- To understand what oxygen therapy is, indications for use, differing ways oxygen can be administered, safe storage in the home and associated risks.
- To identify when medical referral is required.
- This is a half-day classroom based course which offers Care Staff a good overview and content regarding each of the above.
- Supervision within the workplace must also be given before signing staff competencies.
P.E.G. Feeding, Dysphagia and Oxygen Therapy
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk