We also run "open" (public) courses for EFAW at our training venue in Norwich.
Friday 24th February
Thursday 21st June
Just £79 per person, accredited certification valid 3 years
Please call to reserve your place on 01692 631542 or complete the enquiry form stating which course/date you wish to book
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Training
1-day Course (HSE approved)
This course is suitable for candidates who require an Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Certificate to comply with HSE requirements. Certification is through an HSE Approved and Certified Trainer.
- To understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the respiratory and circulatory systems
- To understand the role of the first aider
- To be able to communicate with a casualty
- To understand the requirements for first aid kit (and avoid cross infection)
- To understand the required reporting and recording of accidents and incidents
- To be able to assess and administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is wounded or bleeding and suffering from hypovolaemic shock
- is suffering from burns or scalds
- is suffering from angina heart attack
- is suffering from Anaphylactic shock, including the use of an Epipen®
Candidates are required to undertake practical elements within this course and must be physically able to carry out the procedures.
Emergency First Aid at Work
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk