This module is designed to teach the candidate the skills required to undertake and record basic observations/vital signs.
- To have a basic understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the systems involved.
- To be able to recognise why it is sometimes necessary to record vital signs.
- To understand the range of equipment available to support the recording of vital signs.
- To be able to demonstrate effective use of equipment (may include blood pressure sphygmometer, thermometer, blood glucose monitoring and urinalysis.)
- Recognise the importance of accurately recording vital signs.
- To be able to record and document accurately the outcomes.
- To be able to identify when medical referral may be required.
This session involves practical and group work, using a range of equipment
This underpinning knowledge should be consolidated within the workplace for the candidate to become competent.
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk