Basic Life Support/First Aid Training
This module is designed to teach the candidate to competently perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and chest compressions on a patient who has stopped breathing and whose heart is no longer beating.
- To understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the respiratory and cardiac systems.
- Be able to assess a casualty – Airway, Breathing, Circulation.
- Be able to assess a situation – including own safety.
- Staff to understand the principles of basic life support.
- Competently perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and chest compression.
- To be able to identify when medical referral is required.
- To be able to administer First Aid to a casualty who is: choking, bleeding, in shock, and to manage the unconscious patient
- To know how to respond to an allergic reaction
- To be able to administer First Aid for minor conditions such as minor cuts, grazes, burns and scalds
A Resuscitation Mannequin is used to practice technique to competently perform mouth-to-mouth.
This session is delivered by a Registered Nurse trainer.
Basic Life Support/First Aid
Training in Healthcare Norwich Norfolk